design

Friday, July 5, 2013

One Year Ago-- Signed my first book contract

ONE YEAR AGO this week, I signed my first book contract with Astraea Press for CROSSING THE DEEP.

Grace Award Winner for Best YA Fiction
TO CELEBRATE CTD IS ON SALE FOR 99 CENTS!!! GO GET IT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T. IT'S ALSO IN PAPERBACKS. CLICK HERE....

Yesterday, it was in the top 10 on 2 Amazon Categories!!!

It has been an amazing ride! The highs of being published and the lows of doubt and 'what in the world am I doing?'

Now, I have 2 books out and 3 more on the way!!!


SAINT SLOAN-- out  now
THE DECEPTION OF DEVIN MILLER-- coming July 23rd
BIG IS BEAUTIFUL: A LOVE STORY-- Sept 3rd
THE AFTERLIFE OF LIZZIE MONROE-- January 2014

And it all started with one book contract from Astraea Press!

I've met Stephanie Taylor (the owner) since then.
 photo ce43583c-8666-403d-8616-e467dbb0c86c_zps62bd1f42.jpg
Ain't we cute?

I was looking back at my old blog (the one that the domain expired and I just let it...), and came upon this post: my feelings on my first book contract. I thought it fitting one year later to repost it and go down memory lane. Maybe tomorrow I'll post on how it feels one year later (spoiler: the anxiety isn't gone...)

THIS WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED ON JULY 4th, 2012. Oh, the links don't work any more. New blog and all...

Back in October of last year, I wrote a blog post called:
Yes, I May Have Possibly Lost My Mind... where I told you all about my crazy plan to participate in 'Nanowrimo' (National Novel Writing Month). It's where you write a novel... in a month.

Well, I did it! I wrote the book. And that lead to this post on 11/27: An Update... where I told of my intentions of getting published (in one way or another).

I wrote about how nitpicky I was getting in December '11: Nitpicking to Death

Then in February, I had a short story of mine published called Happy Birthday... not to me! Exciting News!

In March, I didn't blog about it, but I sent my first query to an agent (on March 23rd). It was rejected.  In the following months I sent over 40.... they were all rejected. 


This post from June told about how I've gotten used to rejection letters: 5 Minute Friday: Risk


So... where is all of this leading?

Well...

I am proud to announce that yesterday I signed a contract for my first book 'Crossing the Deep' (the one I started in November '11) to be published by Astraea Press!



It's been an overwhelming week (I actually had 2 offers to publish it). And I'm so happy and thankful to have the contract signed and start.

The book will be in eBook form first, then after it sells $200 it will be in paperback (so save your dollars... my mama really wants a paperback ;) ) (ETA, she finally got them!!!!)

I want to thank all of you for praying for me, for supporting me, and for being there on my good days and my low days. I want to thank God especially for showing me what to do and for being there with me.

Last night, I prayed for God to show me that I made the right decision. I opened up my bible to THIS verse:
Psalm 96:3
Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does

I'd say that was a yes :)

I'll update as I go through this publishing process :)

Happy 4th of July American friends (and Happy Wednesday to everyone else ;) )

Much Love,

Kelly~ Soon to be published author :)

No comments:

Post a Comment