design

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

100 Word Wednesday: Atonement

So... today's 100 Word Wednesday is a bit-- autobiographical. ;)

This week's prompt:
It was time. She'd fought against it for so long.



It was time. She'd fought against it for so long. The thought had haunted her for days. Should she? Should she not? Would she cry?

Finally, she became brave.

She wouldn't cry too much.

She wouldn't.

It would all be okay because-- she was strong.

She was brave.

She could do this no matter what others said. Their thoughts on it didn't matter.

She clicked play and the score swelled around her.

No tears. There would be no tears.

Except there were.

Lots of tears.

She turned off the movie and wiped her eyes. Why did it not win an Oscar for Best Picture?
 
~*~*~
I know I'm late to the party (it came out in 2007), but have you seen it!!!??? I didn't think I'd like it because I figured it was some stuffy, 'Too good you won't understand it' movie. ACK! It was so good.
And the library scene... swoon.
And the end... "I won't say another word. I promise."
TEARS people. Tears!
**DISCLAIMER: This movie is rated R for a reason ;) Not for my younger readers. I have to say, I'm 33 and even some part of it made me blush ;) (that note... Really? That's what you are going to say in a note lol. Oh Robbie.)
 


 
 
 
See what the other authors wrote about this week:

2 comments:

  1. I love and hate it when a movie rips me apart from the inside. Sometimes you need that, but I have to build up my strength enough to watch a movie or read a book I know will make me cry. I haven't seen this one, might have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a hard choice to watch something you know will be emotional for you. Great job capturing that.

    ReplyDelete