design

Monday, January 5, 2015

One Word: 2015 {drum roll}

Have you ever tried to cook, talk on the phone and referee your kids so they a) don't kill each other or b) wake up their daddy?

Not only are you frazzled and irritated, but nothing gets your full attention despite your best efforts (currently, I'm working on a blog post, fighting with my computer, and listening to my kids bicker... ah... ) At the end of your mental anguish (going back to the food analogy) you have food to eat [hopefully], but it usually isn't our best attempt-- Edible-- probably-- but not our best effort.

That's what happens when our  mind races and we try to do too much in our lives at one time-- even our social media lives-- yeah, those are real too. {I talk to way  more people online than I do in real life daily... how sad is that? Or is it normal-- maybe it is the new normal...}

I like to think it is.
 
For me, I have facebook, twitter, tumblr, pinterest, tsu, youtube, and instagram: kellymartin215
 (I think that's it)-- and do you know what? I love them all! I could spend hours and hours on each one (#confession -- I have)
 -- Yes, I linked my social media links to this post--it is a sickness, I tell ya... ;)
 
 

Let's keep going with the confessions *breathe* As long as I've been writing this post, I've thought about youtube video ideas, how my tsu share contest is going, my newsletter-- and have watched people walking outside my window...
 
{I'm sorry I'm not giving you my full attention. It's not you. It's me... I promise. I have a problem.}
 
 
That's where my one word for 2015 comes in.
 [See... there is a point.]
 
Every year, I pick a word I want to try to focus on for the year and try to be a better person because of it. Last year, my word was "Let Go" Let go of all the anger and bitterness and jealousy... (did I actually admit that...)
 
Did I succeed? Ummmmmm... I like to think I've grown as a person.
 
SOOOOO-- What is this year's word? If you've read this far, you need a hug **HUGS**
 
It is something I really need help with (as evidence by this blog post-- no-- not curing my parentheses obsession. Some things can never be broken.)
 
Ahem...
 
My word for 2015...
 
is...
 

 
Yeah.
 
What does that mean to me?
FOCUS on one project at a time
FOCUS when someone is talking to me
FOCUS on my writing goals for the year
FOCUS on my health
FOCUS on my faith
FOCUS on my family
 
As I read that back... that is a lot of focusing and it might actually defeat the purpose of the world focus... ;)
 
One month at a time.
One day at a time.
One step at a time.
 
 
**What's your #oneword for 2015? Leave a comment and let me know. One commenter will win a custom made #oneword meme for your blog or facebook page (or just to share). Winner will be announced on next Monday's blog post where I'll discuss writing/reading about one of my favorite things:
*stay tuned*
 
 Be sure to subscribe to my youtube channel to learn more about my one word
{vlogs updated Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays}
 
Have a great day!!
Be excellent to each other!
 
 


1 comment: