design

Sunday, March 16, 2014

The "Love" in Love and Diamonds

Yesterday, I talked about diamonds and how I loved them, but I don't like wearing them. I'm not a jewelry type girl. Never really have been.

So, today I decided to talk about Love.

I admit I'm a jealous type. I'm the sort that goes on facebook and gets jealous of what others' husbands do for them. I can't help it. It happens.

I'd probably be happier if I stopped reading facebook lol

The husband has never been a real big enthusiast of the writing. It DOES take up a lot of time. I'll give him that. But for the past 3 years, he hasn't really done much in the encouragement department. He likes when they are finished. Not so much the time it takes to actually write one.

It was just the way of the world.

Then, a few weeks ago, I started to get down about writing. It's hard. And it takes up a lot of time... and though I LOVE it... it's hard on the old nerves.

I thought about just slowing down.

Maybe even stopping completely.

It made the husband happy because it meant I would be free to do more wifely stuff like... I don't know... .washing the man's underwear.

I didn't write as much in those weeks.

I also didn't smile as much.

I wasn't as happy.

But I was around.

I was dealing.

Then, this Friday... he surprised me. He bought me a new IDEA BOARD for my computer room (now office) and an erasable calendar to keep up with my stuff I do as a publicist.

And I cried.

It was honestly the sweetest thing he's ever done for me.

He's bought me diamonds before. Lots of them actually. He's bought lots of things. But the one thing that meant the most were those boards.

Because it meant he was behind me. He was supporting me.

He said he wanted me happy.

That is love (in my opinion anyway).

P.S.-- the idea board is already covered ;) And I'm back to writing.

What is your definition of love?
 
Picture
$3.99
 
BUY LINKS
 

1 comment:

  1. LOL If you get any diamonds and don't want them, I'll take them. I love jewelry.

    ReplyDelete